The complete nourishing vegetable – Bottle Gourd
Bottle gourd is also one of the healthiest vegetables available with numerous health benefits. And coming to summer to combat the heat bottle gourd is such a food contains almost 96% of water.
With zero fat, with a good amount of carbohydrates, protein, water content, vitamins (C, B1, B2, B5, B6, B7, B9) and minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium, thus bottle gourd can be crowned the complete nutritious vegetable.
- The vitamin C present in bottle gourd helps in maintaining skin integrity and strengthens hair follicles.
- Vitamin C improves collagen formation and thus helps in the fading away of wrinkles. It also improves dryness of the skin.
A Summer Cooler
- Being a water-rich vegetable it helps keeping the body hydrated, especially during the summers.
- It also helps in treating fatigue and replenishes the electrolytes of the body too.
- The high water content in bottle gourd and its cooling effect helps in calming the body as well as the brain and thus helps in curing insomnia.
- The high fibre content in bottle gourd helps in curing constipation.
- It also betters digestion by improving the secretion of various digestive enzymes.
- It is also good for curing diarrhea as it improves the electrolyte balance of the body.
A Must-Have Food for Diabetics
- Bottle gourd juice as well as its curries are gaining importance nowadays, as being diabetic friendly.
- The fibre, water content and low calories of this vegetable helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Also the zinc in bottle gourd helps in regulating insulin levels of the pancreas.
A Low calorie Food
- With zero cholesterol and plenty of vitamins and minerals along with protein content.
- It is a perfect food for people trying to lose all the stubborn fat inside their body.
- The high fibre helps in increasing a feeling of being full and thus keeps one away from unwanted and unhealthy carvings at least, for a few hours.
Cures urinary tract infections
- Due to its excess water content, bottle gourd helps in relieving the symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
- A burning sensation during UTI usually occurs due to an increased acidity in the urine and the alkaline nature of bottle gourd helps in neutralizing the acidic nature of urine thus relieving the burning sensation.
- Due to stress, most people nowadays suffer from hormonal imbalance and both males and females are victims of stress which shows up in the form of either depression, anxiety, infertility or eating disorders.
- It is one such vegetable as the zinc in this vegetable plays a key role in the synthesis of the hormones like testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, insulin etc.