Top Surprising benefits of dates
Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree grows in tropical regions of the world. Dates have become quite popular in recent years.benefits of dates are various.
Almost all dates sold in Western countries are dried.
You can tell whether or not dates are dried based on their appearance. A wrinkled skin indicates they are dried, whereas a smooth skin indicates freshness.
Depending on the variety, dates are fairly small in size and range in color from bright red to bright yellow. Medjool and Deglet Noor dates are the most commonly consumed varieties.
Dates are chewy with a sweet flavor. They are also high in some important nutrients and have a variety of advantages and uses.
"No one can reap the fruit before planting the trees."
- Dates help relieve constipation and other digestive issues
- Eat not more than two to three dates per day
- Dates are said to produce heat in the body
Very Nutritious Dates
- Dates have an excellent nutrition profile.
- Since they’re dried, their calorie content is higher than most fresh fruit. The calorie content of dates is similar to that of other dried fruits, such as raisins and figs.
- Most of the calories in dates come from carbs. The rest are from a very small amount of protein.
Nutritional Value of Dates
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. It’s also a good source of energy, sugar, and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc can be found in them. They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
- Fiber – 6.7 grams. 27% RDA.
- Potassium – 696 milligrams. 20% RDA.
- Copper – 0.4 milligrams. 18% RDA.
- Manganese – 0.3 milligrams. 15% RDA.
- Magnesium – 54 milligrams. 14% RDA.
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 milligrams. 12% RDA.
Benefits of Dates
Some of the most amazing benefits of dates include:
- Relieves constipation and other intestinal disorders
- Strengthens bones, thanks to the essential minerals found in them
- An excellent source of treating anemia
- Helps cure allergies
- Help boost energy
- May promote heart health
- May help treat diarrhea
Promote Weight Gain
- Dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet. They consist of sugar, proteins, and many essential vitamins.
- If dates are consumed with cucumber paste, you can keep your weight at a normal, balanced level, rather than over-slimming.
- One kilogram of dates contains almost 3,000 calories, and the calories in them are sufficient to meet the daily requirements for a human body.
- Of course, you should not eat just dates throughout the day. If you are thin and slim and want to increase your weight, or if you are trying to build your muscles to impress some girl, or you have become weak due to a serious medical problem – you need to eat dates!
- Dates are a rich source of antioxidants, which can effectively counter the harmful free radicals in the body, thus preventing premature ageing of skin.
- Vitamin C, in particular, helps to decrease the occurrence of wrinkles by resisting oxidation and preventing the accumulation of melanin inside the human body.
- Dates are abundant in vitamins, particularly vitamin B5, which is vital for the maintenance of healthy hair.
- Deficiency of this vitamin can cause hair problems like hair loss, brittle hair and split ends.
- Consumption of dates can help minimize these problems.
Temperatures are soaring and we all are in a dire need of loading up on foods that are cooling and hydrating. Some foods are known to produce heat in the body and one of them is dates that top the list.
Known to be consumed best during winters, most health experts do not recommend consuming them in summers, or even if you are, make sure you eat in moderation.
So, can we really eat dates in summers? If we can, what is the best way to consume them?
Can We Have Dates In Summers?
According to Nutritionists "they do not recommend eating dates more than two or three pieces, considering they produce a lot of heat in the body, which is also why they are recommended in winters. In case a person is suffering from extreme iron deficiency, then one can take more than two to three pieces a day, Dates are perfect for summers; however, moderation is the key. Never exceed to more than two to three pieces. A balanced approach when eating dates is preferred."
What's The Right Way To Consume Dates In Summers?
- The best way to eat dates is with mausami juice in order to create a cold environment for digestion. Also, vitamin C and iron go well together and make a healthy combination. You can also soak dates for a few hours and take them first thing in the morning to remove its 'taasir (hot property).' Some also recommend eating dates with a glass of milk, considering it has cooling properties (taasir).
- Eating excess of dates may only cause your body to heat up; further causing problems like stomach pain, breakouts, and boils, et al. Make sure you are eating just about two or three pieces of dates and extract all the goodness they have to offer.
Easy to Add to Your Diet
- Dates are incredibly versatile and make a delicious snack. They are often paired with other foods, such as almonds, nut butter or soft cheese.
- Dates are also very sticky, which makes them useful as a binder in baked goods, such as cookies and bars. You can also combine dates with nuts and seeds to make healthy snack bars or energy balls.
- What’s more, you can use dates to sweeten up sauces, such as salad dressings and marinades, or blend them into smoothies and oatmeal.
- It is important to note that dates are high in calories and their sweet taste makes them easy to overeat. For this reason, they are best consumed in moderation.
How to Make a Date Shake
- Make a date shake by whirling 1/2 cup fresh pitted dates with 1/2 cup milk and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream until smooth and shake-like.
- That's enough for one modest serving—feel free to double the recipe. Add badam for garnishing and to add additional taste.
Remember to share all of the health benefits of dates with your friends and family!