Coconut Kheer :
Coconut Kheer is a special recipe made during festivals all over India. It helps to restore oxidative tissue damage and contains a source of healthy fats, proteins, and various vitamins and minerals.Coconut contains a high amount of saturated fats but these are harmless. They contain Medium Chain Triglycerides which are fatty acids of medium length. These fatty acids are absorbed differently by the body.
Ingredients of Coconut Kheer
- 100 Gram Rice
- 3 cups Coconut milk
- 1 cup Condensed milk/milk
- 200 Gram Khoa
- Pistachio as required (without shell)
- Walnut as required
- 3 Bananas
- 10 drops Rose water
- Fennel powder 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 100 Gram Coconut whole (khopra)-crated
- Sugar 1 cup
- 10 Pieces Fresh rose petals
How to Make Coconut Kheer
- Soak the rice at least for half an hour.
- Mix coconut milk, condensed milk, khoa and sugar together.
- Add fennel powder, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder with the mixture.
- Boil the mixture on high heat.
- When the mixture is completely cooked, add rice and cook till done.
- Keep it in a chiller aside.
- Add 1tbsp sugar in a pan, when it starts melting add honey, pistachios, and walnuts.
- Finally add bananas and finish it with a teaspoon of ghee/butter.
How to serve:
- Put kheer in a bowl then add sugar mixture in it.
- Garnish it with rose petals and green pistachio silvers.